Information for Consumers for Choosing and Evaluating Long Term Care Services
By Anthony Cirillo, About.com Guide
Contact Me Live
Businesses contact me for sales, marketing, social media and mobile app advice. Comsumers contact me regarding caregiver issues.
Third Party Reviews of Communities
Read expert research about senior living, assisted living, and independent living communities from this third party source.
Find Homes and Services
Most likely your first step in the care journey is to locate services near a loved one or near you. Here is information to start you on your journey.
- Nursing Home Compare
- ALFA Community Search
- National Association of Home Care and Hospice
- National Adult Day Services Association
How to Choose and Evaluate Care
These resources can get you started in evaluating care. But they are only a start. You also want to talk to family, friends, discharge planners, geriatric care managers, clergy and others to get a true sense of where quality care can be found. That also means checking out the social media too.
- Who Moved My Dentures? Essential Information for Boomers / Caregivers
- Choosing and Evaluating Care - Article Hub
- Nursing Home Inspect
- Informed Patient Institute
- Links to State Agencies that Regulate Assisted Living
- Alliance for Home Health Quality and Innovation
Paying for Services
There are many misconceptions regarding paying for long term care services. Let's sort it out.
- Medicare.Gov Chart on Paying for Care
- National Clearinghouse for Long Term Care Information
- Paying for LTC - Overview
- The Assurance Benefit
Caregiving is becoming a crisis. And as the number of unpaid, family caregivers increases, the ripples can be felt far and wide. Caregiver health, employment, finances are all impacted. There is help and you do not have to go it alone.