Careers in Aging Services
By Anthony Cirillo, About.com Guide
From nursing homes to homes health, adult day to hospice, there are hundreds of careers to pursue in aging services and supports. In this section we will look at career options.
- Becoming an Activity Director
- Geriatric Care Manager
- CNA or Home Health Aide - What is Right for You?
- Nursing Home Administrator
Training and Education
Training and education for careers in aging services is an expanding field and an evolving one. Here we will point you to resources that can jump-start your career.
- Training the Next Generation of Senior Living Leaders
- Gerontological Nurse Certification
- Online Board Certification for Gerontological Nursing
- Becoming a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- Career Ladders Can Help Shape and Accelerate Your Career Path
- Become a Certified Nursing Assistant
Recruitment and Retention
Hiring and retaining qualified healthcare workers is not an easy task even as healthcare jobs are exploding. Because as the industry expands, competition increases. And those with the best staff typically offer the best experience to clients and that is a key differentiator in your marketing efforts.
- Hiring and Retaining the Best Staff
- Recruiting Healthcare Workers
- Employee Retention
- Consistent Assignment
- Conducting Performance Evaluations