The American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) honored over 500 individuals, groups, skilled nursing and assisted living facilities at the closing general session of the association's 63rd Annual Convention & Exposition last month.
"We're proud to honor best and brightest of long term and post-acute care at today's ceremonies," stated Mark Parkinson, President and CEO of AHCA/NCAL. "These award recipients reflect the untapped potential that we all have in order to make a positive difference in the lives of the elderly and persons with disabilities."
Here are some of the winners:
- Adult Volunteer of the Year: Rebecca Riggins of McDowell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Gary, WV
- Young Adult Volunteer of the Year: Alexis Nast of the Pines at Poughkeepsie in Poughkeepsie, NY
- Group Volunteer of the Year: Seniors Aid New Hampshire in Pembroke, NH
- DD Hero of the Year: Carolyn Olson of CARC, Inc. in Carlsbad, NM
- Nor For Profit Resident Care Services Award: West Jordan Care Center in West Jordan, UT
In addition, two nursing facilities won Gold Awards for Excellence in Quality. They were Grand Islander Center, Genesis HealthCare in Middletown, RI and Golden LivingCenter - Continental Manon in Abbotsford, WI. There were 52 Silver and 404 Bronze Winners as well.
NCAL distributed the following awards during its annual "NCAL Day" for assisted living providers:
- NCAL Administrator of the Year: Helen Crunk, RN, administrator of Mable Rose Estates in Papillion, NE
- NCAL Assisted Living Nurse of the Year: Beverly Johnston, RN at The Chelsea at Tinton Falls in Tinton Falls, NJ
- Noble Caregiver in Assisted Living: Ernest Kastner, maintenance/environmental services director of Van Dyk Park Place in Hawthorne, NJ
- National Assisted Living Week Programming: Riverside Lodge Retirement Community in Grand Island, NE
AHCA's National Quality Award Program is based on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige National Quality Award Program. A full list of National Quality Award winners can be found on AHCA/NCAL's Quality Award website.
Learn more ~ or join the conversation!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .